Dental Care for EU/EEA Nationals

If you are an EU/EEA national and are travelling or living temporarily in Hannover or some other place in Germany, you are entitled to receive dental care if you need emergency dental treatment for toothache or acute dental pain.
You are strongly advised to bring a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) with you, otherwise you may be charged for the dental treatment.
This card is issued free of charge and allows anyone who is insured by or covered by a statutory social security scheme of the EEA countries and Switzerland to receive medical emergency treatment for free or to reduced costs.

If you are coming to Germany for planned treatment, you will need to make arrangements yourself in advance. Planned treatment is not covered by the EHIC.

Bear in mind that Germany’s healthcare system may be different from your home country’s and therefore your EHIC might not cover everything that you would expect to get free in your country.

EEA member states
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus (Southern), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK, plus the three EFTA states Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Switzerland by special arrangement.


[Total: 3 Average: 3.3]

Tratament dentar in Hannover-Informatii pentru pacienti romani