Sunflex® flexible partial dentures are a great alternative to other acrylic partials
As you are well aware, not everyone needs a full set of permanent dentures. A dental bridge can fill a gap created by one or more missing teeth. Removable partial dentures are another lightweight, affordable option for replacing missing teeth.Sunflex partial dentures are manufactured using a pressure-injected, flexible resin. The resin is made of a biocompatible thermoplastic nylon with unique physical and esthetic properties. The material is produced to remain translucent after processing, with a simulation of natural gum color and is available in several different tones, ranging from light pink to darker pink shades.
There are three basic types of Sunflex® partial dentures:
- Sunflex Bilateral Partial Denture: The metal-free, flexible Sunflex partial provides a fully-functional, yet esthetically superior, removable partial denture
- Sunflex Unilateral Partial Denture: The unilateral Sunflex restoration provides patients with an esthetic, functional design alternative to conventional cross-arch partial dentures. Base combined with the thin clasp designs provide maximum retention, stability and esthetic appeal
- Combination Sunflex with Cast Framework Denture: The Sunflex partial denture can also be used with cast metal frameworks for natural-appearing esthetics with enhanced stability because of the metal occlusal rests and the lingual rest seats.
The pros of the Sunflex® partials:
- High degree of flexibility and aesthetics
- No need for metal clasps
- More stain-resistant that other type of acrylic dentures
- Will not warp or become brittle
- Perfect for patients with acrylic (PMMA) monomer allergies
- Easy to manufacture-requires just one impression appointment
Sunflex® is a registered trademark of Sun Dental Labs, FL-33713, USA